The website and artwork was designed by myself. I worked on the core functionality with several contributors over the span of 3 weeks.
Some things I learned:
- GitHub is amazing.
- Using CSS overlays for the menu was a far superior option than hard-coding it into the JS.
- Resizing the HTML5 canvas with the window was… interesting.
- Pixi.js has some very strange documentation, especially when you need it the most.
- Google Firebase is fun but easily compromised in it’s security.
- Working with team members offers it’s own challenges, especially in maintaining clean, and comprehensible code.
- Not everyone in a team shares the same intensity and work ethic you do.